#5. John Smit‘s pants
He may have been formerly the world’s most capped captain – the South African hooker (and occasional prop) led the Springboks 82 times (in a total of 110 Tests) and played in 46 consecutive international matches – but Smit also had one of the more unusual superstitions in rugby throughout his career.
The only colour of underwear that he would use on match day would have to be black, believing it would be bad luck to wear any other.
- LIST: Five rugby players who voluntarily retired in their 20s
- Lions game could be CANCELLED after positive coronavirus test
- RANKED: The five fastest international rugby players of all-time
- Maggie Alphonsi picks just two Englishmen in her Lions test XV
- Daniel Craig ranks his three favourite rugby players EVER!