Multiple outlets, including the Evening Standard, are reporting that the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is set to host the finals of the 2021 European Rugby Champions Cup and Challenge Cup, two of Europe’s most prestigious club rugby competitions.
Spurs always intended their £1billion home to be used by multiple sports events as it is equipped with a state-of-the-art retractable artificial pitch.
The club have an agreement in place to host a number of NFL matches, while last month Saracens agreed a five-year deal to play their annual showpiece Premiership match there from 2020.
- Seven ultimate one club rugby players
- Ranked! The 10 most hated people in rugby
- The 15 hardest men in rugby union history
- The 10 coolest rugby players in the world
- Legendary commentator Bill McLaren’s all-time XV