Bath Rugby have signed former Jersey Reds fullback Brendan Owen on a short-term contract with immediate effect.
The 27-year-old South African was a free agent after the Reds ceased trading in September.
His previous clubs include Australian sides Western Force, Perth Spirit, San Dona in Italy, and Boland Cavaliers in South Africa.
Get your tickets for the 2024 Six Nations at viagogo, the world’s leading ticket marketplace. Ticket start from £27.
Richest Rugby Players:
6. Owen Farrell (England) – £2.6m
The Farrell family currently resides in Hertfordshire, England, where they lead a private and family-oriented life, away from the glare of the public eye. While Georgie may choose to stay out of the limelight, her presence and support have undoubtedly played a significant role in Owen’s success, both on and off the rugby field.
Their net worth is reported to be around £2.58m.
5. Sonny Bill Williams (New Zealand) – £11.6m
Despite his early exit from Toronto, the two-time Rugby World Cup winner still finds himself on the list. Starring in multiple sports; rugby league, rugby union and boxing, Williams has been in demand and has made good money down the years from numerous huge contracts.
Sonny Bill Facts:
- His actual full name is Sonny William Williams
- Williams’s younger sister, Niall, is a New Zealand former international touch football captain and current New Zealand rugby sevens player
- He was only the second person to represent New Zealand in rugby union after first playing for the country in rugby league
- Williams is one of only 21 players to have won the Rugby World Cup twice
- He onverted to Islam in 2009, while in France playing for Toulon