The RFU is bringing charges against 13 Barbarian FC players who will appear before an online independent disciplinary panel.
The panel will be chaired by Philip Evans QC as the players are charged with conduct prejudicial to the interests of the Union or the Game, contrary to RFU Rule 5.12.
The players will face a range of charges including:
- Individual breaches of the protocols (E.g. leaving the hotel without permission or without informing organisers of their whereabouts)
- Providing false statements during an investigation
The RFU recognises the pressure public scrutiny is placing on the players and therefore it will publish players’ names, full judgements and sanctions after the hearings have concluded.
There is no sanction table applicable to charges brought under Rule 5.12 therefore the Independent Panel can issue a range of sanctions at their discretion including fines and/or match bans and/or any other suitable sanction.
The Premiership’s three highest earning players in every position
- Charles Piutau (Bristol Bears) – £1m
- Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs) – £550k
- Mike Brown (Harlequins) – £300k
- Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs) – £450k
- Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks) -£350k
- Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby) – £325k