Dan Biggar in line to feature in Lions pre-tour Test against Japan after hearing he will NOT be punished for clumsy challenge on Wasps fly-half Jacob Umaga whilst playing for Northampton last week.
Referee Adam Leal failed to act at the end of the contest when the Wales fly-half was clearly made contact to the head with a forearm at a ruck.
Wasps were infuriated by the lack of action with head coach Lee Blackett saying: ‘I just don’t think the TMO wants to look at it for some reason.’
However, the Mail Online has revealed that Biggar won’t be cited for the incident as the offence was not deemed to be worthy of a red card.
- CONFIRMED: Gallagher Premiership match cancelled
- Imagine if rugby players were valued at the same price as footballers
- The 36-man England squad Eddie Jones should pick this summer
- The 3 players Eddie Jones tipped to be world-class in 2015
- Joe Marler goes viral after brilliant post-match interview
Lions Standby XV
Wales Online, using their sources and multiple reports in the media have selected the ‘next cabs off the ranks’ for each position.
- Fullback: Hugo Keenan (Ireland)
- Winger: Jonny May (England)
- Winger: Jack Nowell (England)
- Outside-centre: Jonathan Davies (Wales)
- Inside-centre: Manu Tuilagi (England)