England head coach Eddie Jones comes second after masterminding a Grand Slam and 3-0 series whitewash of Australia in his first season in charge.
World Rugby vice-chairman Agustin Pichot has been voted the most influential figure in the game.
The former Pumas captain, who helped Argentina gain entry into the Rugby Championship and Super Rugby, tops a 50-strong list compiled by Rugby World.
Rugby’s most influential people (according to Rugby World magazine)
1. Agustin Pichot – World Rugby deputy chairperson
2. Eddie Jones – England coach
3. Steve Hansen – All Blacks coach
4. Bill Beaumont – World Rugby chairperson
5. Paul Goze – French Top 14 president
6. Dan Carter – Former All Black now playing in Paris
7. Fikile Mbalula – South Africa minister of sport
8. Mark McCafferty – England’s Premiership Rugby CEO
9. David Pocock – Wallabies flanker
10. Nigel Melville – England’s director of professional rugby