England boss Eddie Jones has revealed three players are not fit and therefore are not in contention for England’s clash with Tonga at Twickenham this weekend.
Jones confirmed that scrum half Raffi Quirke, as well as backs Max Malins and Louis Lynagh will be unavailable for selection this weekend due to injuries sustained before they arrived in camp.
Marcus Smith, who missed last weeks open training session in Jersey, is also carrying an injury and has been labelled as a doubt for the clash.
Jones said: “He hasn’t done much this week, just a bit of ball handling. We’re being conservative with him, but we are cautiously optimistic he’ll be alright to play.”
England’s autumn fixtures
- England vs Tonga, 3.15pm on Sat 6 Nov
- England vs Australia, 5.30pm on Sat 13 Nov
- England vs South Africa, 3.15pm on Sat 20 Nov
Where to watch the Autumn Nations Series:
Prime members can watch the Autumn Nations Series live from 30th October with the Prime Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Fire tablets, games consoles, on Virgin’s V6 TV Box, the Talk Talk TV set top box, Apple TV, Chromecast, BT TV or online.
For a list of all compatible devices visit amazon.co.uk/watchanywhere.
- Zinzan Brooke names Beauden Barrett in his all-time XV
- 5 players Eddie Jones NEEDS to take a look at after this weekend
- Wayne Pivac delivers injury update on Alun Wyn Jones
- Did you spot the pitch invader who joined All Blacks for anthem
- Danny Cipriani picks his bold England XV
“Best in the world” – Eddie Jones reveals five guaranteed starters for Autumn Nations Series
#1&2. Owen Farrell & Marcus Smith
Jones said: “‘We know George is a good player but we’ve asked him to have a look at a couple of things in his game to make him even better,’ said Jones. ‘I think he is doing that. He is playing well.
“But we are keen to give Marcus and Owen the opportunity to play at 10 and 12 and see where they can take our game.”
DID YOU KNOW? Smith started playing rugby union at the age of seven for Centaurs RFC when his family moved to Singapore