Bath Rugby secured their first bonus-point win of the season on Saturday as a brace of tries from the returning Joe Cokanasiga saw the Gallagher Premiership’s bottom side beat Newcastle Falcons 30-25 away at Kingston Park.
England winger Cokanasiga crossed twice in the second half on his first start of the season after returning from a knee injury sustained in preseason.
RUCK Sources suggest that Cokanasiga, who was part of England’s 2019 Rugby World Cup squad, has always been on Jones radar with Jones tempted t recall him ahead of their clash with Ireland at Twickenham.
Cokanasiga, who had been tempted to swap nations to the country of his birth Fiji, would give England a very different option out wide.
- Ben Cohen’s wife slammed for ‘shameful’ and ‘vile’ Russia tweets
- “Must be under pressure” – 5 contenders to replace Eddie Jones
- 4 Premiership stars Eddie Jones should call up after this weekend
- WATCH: Joe Marler doing drag has gone viral on Tik Tok
- ‘Obviously concussed’ player allowed to play on at Twickenham
FIVE ENGLAND PLAYERS WHO CAN SWAP COUNTRIES:
#1. Alex Lozowski (England to Italy)
- Age: 28
- Position: Fly-half, Centre, Wing, Fullback
- Current number of caps: 5
- Last cap: November, 2018
- Did you know? Lozowski is the son of Rob Lozowski and was a sporting allrounder in his teenage years, playing not only rugby for the Wasps academy but also football for the Chelsea academy
He is reportedly still holding out hope of adding to his five England caps despite no recent soundings from coach Eddie Jones. The Mail Online have reported that Italy have not been in contact with 28-year-old, although we doubt it will be long until they do.