The Mail Online have provided an injury update on a number of England stars and it’s definitely mixed news ahead of their 2022 Six Nations opener.
Eddie Jones’ men will be bidding to improve on their fifth-placed finish at the 2021 Six Nations, starting against Scotland at Murrayfield this weekend.
“When the RFU issued an update on Sunday night, it stated that Marler would rejoin the Red Rose squad when his isolation ended. Sportsmail understands that has now happened.”
“Hopes are fading that preferred stand-in skipper Courtney Lawes will recover from a head knock in time to play.”
Utility back Joe Marchant has tested positive for Covid which has left him doubtful, while full-back Tommy Freeman is out with a hamstring injury.
Harlequins’ Louis Lynagh and Newcastle’s Adam Radwan have been called into the squad.
This adds to head coach Eddie Jones’ long injury list which also includes captain Owen Farrell.
- Another England star ruled out of Six Nations opener
- Jeremy Guscott picks his England backline to beat Scotland
- Sam Underhill to step down from rugby
- Five rugby union law changes confirmed for 2022
- Retired Nigel Owens picks his dream XV of players he refereed
The fans’ England XV to play Scotland:
- 15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 5 caps)
- 14. Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 42 caps)
- 11. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons, 3 caps)
- 13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 38 caps)
- 12. Luke Northmore (Harlequins, uncapped)