Former England lock Dave Attwood is set to rejoin Bath from Bristol Bears if reports are to be believed.
He spent spent eight seasons at Bath between 2011 and 2019 before moving back to his hometown club where he quickly established himself as Bristol’s first choice lock.
However, the 34-year-old revealed in an interview with The Rugby Paper earlier this month that he is out of contract at the Bears at the end of the season with a new deal unsolved despite the 24-cap international wanting to play on.
Reports coming out of Bristol suggest a return to The Rec is looking very likely, with Bath chief executive Tarquin McDonald saying earlier today that ‘negotiations with second row forwards are continuing’ ahead of the 2022/23 Premiership season.
- Rassie Erasmus leaves Farrell and Youngs out of his England XV
- Martin Johnson Ranks His Five Best Locks Who Changed The Game
- Sale Sharks handed points reduction for fielding ineligible player
- Erasmus reveals the THREE England players he’d love to coach
- South Africa joining the Six Nations still ‘likely’
CLEAROUT: Five key players set to leave Bristol Bears this summer
#1. Antoine Frisch
At least four foreign clubs are chasing the signature of the Bristol Bears centre according to the latest reports. The Rugby Paper has reported that both Stade Francais, where he played as a youngster, and Montpellier are interested in bringing him to the French Top 14 next season. Meanwhile, there is also reported interest from two unnamed Irish provincesEmbed from Getty Images