England, Scotland and Wales teams will be forced to merge following Coronavirus
Wales, Scotland and England men’s and women’s sevens teams are set to merge under as Team GB moving forward.
The change comes as a long-term result of the coronavirus pandemic biting hard into the game’s finances.
— Times Sport (@TimesSport) June 29, 2020
The Times haved reported that presentations were made to UK Sport last Friday for funding the Great Britain teams.
At present Wales, Scotland and England put out separate men’s teams for the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series, but that is set to change.
The sides first merged for the 2016 Olympic games in Brazil with the women losing their bronze medal match while the men won silver despite being heavily beaten by Fiji in the final.
- 20 Players Who Looked So Different In Their Youth
- INSPIRING | Rugby players who overcame disabilities
- Ranked! The experience at every Premiership ground
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- 20 things we miss about rugby in the 90s
LIST | 5 famous rugby players and their luxury homes
Despite not earning as much as footballers, we think you’ll agree that these homes of rugby players are still pretty spectacular.
Here are five of our favourites:
1. Tendai ‘Beast’ Mtawarira’s beautiful home on the Dolphin Coast1.
Tendai and Kuziva Mtawarira’s Dolphin Coast, family escape is near enough to Durban for work and just far enough to feel like every day’s a holiday.