Eddie Jones has named a 36-player England squad ahead of their Guinness Six Nations match against Ireland (Saturday 12 March, 4.45pm KO).
Sam Underhill, Nic Dolly and Alex Mitchell return to the squad for the first time since the 2021 Autumn Nations Series. Orlando Bailey and Luke Northmore are also named in the squad.
Alex Dombrandt tested positive for COVID on Friday 4 March. After recording a positive LFT in the morning, he immediately went into isolation and did not take part in training. A PCR test confirmed the positive result later that evening. He is expected to rejoin the squad later next week.
Raffi Quirke suffered concussion in Sale Sharks’ game against Exeter Chiefs and is unavailable for selection. Jonny Hill, who has been undertaking rehab on a low limb stress injury since he arrived into camp, has returned to his club Exeter Chiefs for the remainder of the tournament.
- Emotional Mike Brown to exit Newcastle after just one season
- The five dirtiest rugby players of all-time have been ranked
- Wayne Barnes ranks the FIVE worst players to referee
- 5 retired rugby stars who are in the shape of their life
- 5 big rugby stars out of contract and available for FREE in the summer
Nic Dolly (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
Louis Lynagh (Harlequins, uncapped)
Expected England XV to play Ireland
- 15. Freddie Steward
- 14. Max Malins
- 11. Jack Nowell
- 13. Joe Marchant for Elliot Daly
- 12. Henry Slade