Kyle Sinckler and Mako Vunipola have joined the 28-player tournament squad as England prepare for Saturday’s game against Italy at Twickenham Stadium (2.15pm KO).
Sinckler, 27, has 40 caps so far for England and is available after suspension while Vunipola, 30, has won 63 caps for his country and returns to the squad following an injury.
Harry Williams and Tom West have returned to their clubs.
- 5 players Eddie Jones should call-up after Scotland defeat
- Mike Brown’s brutal assessment of Owen Farrell
- Fans pick their sensational all-time Six Nations XV
- Nigel Owens ranks the five toughest players he had to referee
- England shadow squad: Who does Eddie Jones have in reserve?
- Six Nations stars who had normal jobs before becoming players
Five stars pushing for spot in Warren Gatland’s Lions squad
Here, we look at five players who significantly boosted their chances during the opening weekend of the 2021 Guinness Six Nations.
A stalwart of the Scotland back-row, Watson has popped back on the radar through a stunning return to form for Scotland. The flanker was a major force in this historic win against England at Twickenham, making telling contributions in both attack and defence. A class act.