England to name Rugby World Cup squad today
England head coach Eddie Jones will today name his 31-man squad for the 2019 Rugby World Cup in Japan – despite the deadline being nearly a month away.
The squad is set to be named at midday and will be available on RUCK immediately following the official announcement.
“We will name a very strong squad of 31 on Monday,” revealed Jones.
“We want the players to focus on being the tightest and most cohesive England squad ever to have played in a World Cup and we have the opportunity to do that.”
“We’ve had a squad of around 36-38 and there’s been a great competitive spirit. Everyone wants to play for England, they know they have a good chance to win the World Cup – today was just a selection day.
“We know where the injuries are and we know who is going to be available and who is not,” he explained.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…