France celebrated their Six Nations Grand Slam in style with winger Damian Penaud thrown into the team bath while suited up. He doesn’t look too pleased.
Fabien Galthie’s men strutted to a first Grand Slam in 12 years as they ran in three tries to comfortably see off England in front of a jubilant Stade de France.
Tries from Gael Fickou and Francois Cros gave the hosts a healthy half-time lead and left England playing catch-up in the Six Nations finale.
England’s Freddie Steward, deployed on the wing, stepped and swooped to score after Joe Marchant’s break after the interval.
But it was a rare moment of danger from England, who were kept at arm’s length.
- Shawn Edwards selects incredible dream pack
- England to face Antoine Dupont AGAIN before Australia tour
- Sale Sharks issue disappointing injury update on Tom Curry
- Wales now a ‘third tier’ country as they tumble down world rankings
- Brilliantly awkward clip of Shaun Edwards and Sir Clive Woodward goes viral
Nigel Owens: Six Nations Team Of The Tournament:
- 15. Hugo Keenan (Ireland)
- 14. Damian Penaud (France)
- 11. Josh Adams (Wales)
- 13. Gael Fickou (France)
- 12. Jonathan Danty (France)