George Ford discusses unlikely position change ahead of World Cup
England head coach Eddie Jones has nominated fly-half George Ford as next No.9 cab off the rank in the event of injury to his two starters.
Ford is one of only two fly-halves in the squad and has not started a match at scrum-half since school.
“Under Eddie’s regime I have trained there quite a bit,” he pointed out. “Probably without me knowing it too much to be fair!
“There have been fallow weeks in the Six Nations where I have spent all week training at nine. To the point that I have thought ‘am I being transformed into a scrum-half here?’
“Within this environment we try to respond well to any situation. I will be confident to play there if needed.”
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…