England has given an update on the condition of three key players ahead of their final Rugby World Cup pool game against France on Saturday.
“Billy has had a scan and we will have a clearer picture tomorrow (Tuesday),” scrum coach Neal Hatley said.
“He is being assessed, that will go on throughout the day and then we’ll see how he pulls up. He has another 24 hours and then we’ll make a firm diagnosis.”
“Billy is an important figure for us, but other people pick up the slack.”
Other than Vunipola, prop Joe Marler is also being monitored with a back niggle and Owen Farrell has showed no signs of ill-effects after taking a high shot from Argentina lock Tomas Lavanini, who was sent off for a dangerous tackle.
- Female prop reaches Miss GB finals
- The worst England XV of all-time
- LIST: 8 Great Rugby World Cup WAGs
- 5 fastest players at Rugby World Cup
- RANKED: Foreign-Born Players at the RWC
- Brilliant nicknames of the England World Cup squad