Ireland coach provides Johnny Sexton injury update
Johnny Sexton suffered a nasty-looking facial injury during Ireland’s win against Scotland at Murrayfield today.
Speaking post-match, Ireland boss Schmidt said Sexton had failed his Head Injury Assessment after taking a blow in the build-up his side’s second try.
- The ugly incident that led to Stuart Hogg going off
- Eight GREAT rugby players before they were bald…
- 5 Teams You Might Not Know Played In The Premiership
- EVERY Six Nations Participants Highest Paid Player
- The five most hated Rugby players in the world
“Johnny failed an HIA,” said Schmidt. “He hit the ground quite hard but he’s pretty good now. We’d be pretty confident that he’d bounce back quickly.”
The Ireland head coach said Sexton had been stamped on accidentally by one of his own players in the first half, while also taking a stamp to his ankle.