It seems France captain Antoine Dupont can speak English when he wants to after using a translator during his post-match press conference…
The scrum-half last year won World Rugby’s Men’s 15s Player of the Year, and helped France’s national team to win the Six Nations for the first time in 12 years, with yesterday’s 25-13 win over England also clinching a Grand Slam.
However, having avoided interviews with the BBC and ITV throughout the championship, fans were surprised to hear him speak such clear English to referee Jaco Peyper.
- Incredible piece of sportsmanship from Josh Adams goes viral
- Austin Healey picks his controversial replacement for Eddie Jones
- Argentina international Federico Martin Aramburu murdered in Paris
- 5 rugby stars who underwent amazing body transformations
- Lawrence Dallaglio demands England appoint new coach
Six Nations Team Of The Tournament Revealed
Check out the full selection below.
- 15. Hugo Keenan (Ireland)
- 14. Ange Capuozzo (Italy)
- 11. Gabin Villière (France)
Alphonsi on Capuozzo: “Made some impact off the bench against Scotland before setting up the match-winner against Wales – it was nice to see Josh Adams give Capuozzo his player-of-the-match medal. Still young, but highly talented.”
- 13. Gael Fickou (France)
- 12. Jonathan Danty (France)