England’s 36-man for the 2022 SIx Nations is stacked with quality.
With the 2022 Six Nations just over a week away, we’ve listed the wages of every player in England’s squad using data provided by Sportex.
Sportrex don’t have the exact wages of every player with some instead estimated on position and league average.
Now, it’s important to clarify before we jump into the list that our model is built on an imaginary world where the order of a squad’s wages perfectly aligned with their ability and contribution to the squad.
In other words, if we put someone earning £100,000-a-season in ‘underpaid’, we’re not saying that professional rugby players are hard done by, but rather that their wages don’t match up with their contextual importance.
And let’s make another thing clear: fair play to all the rugby stars on this list because they’ve put in a hard graft to succeed in one of the toughest industries out there to earn the big bucks that they do.
Got it? Cool, so disclaimers aside, check out how the England squad ranks down below according to their reported wages…
- Alfie Barbeary (Wasps, uncapped) – £75,000
- Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons, 5 caps) – £30,000
- Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 12 caps) – £125,000
- Bevan Rodd (Sale Sharks, 2 caps) – £50,000
- Sam Simmonds (Exeter Chiefs, 9 caps) – £200,000
- Ollie Hassell-Collins (London Irish, uncapped) – £50,000
- Raffi Quirke (Sale Sharks, 2 caps) – £50,000