- 4. Alun Wyn Jones (Wales) – You need someone to inspire confidence in the dressing room ahead of kick-off, like a Martin Johnson character, and that is exactly what you get with Alun-Wyn who just gets better and better with age.
- 5. Maro Itoje (England) – Such an athletic and clever player, if you ignore the penalty count, Itoje has to be in the starting XV
- 6. Tadhg Beirne (Ireland) – Another supremely intelligent player whether he plays at lock or in the back-row and I have him at six to match the power that the World Champion Springboks will field in their back row
- 7. Tom Curry (England) – I have gone for Curry because he is Mr Consistency. If you saw him across the changing room you would know that you were going to get 100 percent effort from your open-side.
- 8. Taulupe Faletau (Wales) – “This was a relatively easy one for me as I am not a Billy Vunipola fan.”