Flanker: Francois Pienaar (South Africa) – “Approaching a World Cup in our own country I think people can understand the pressure on the home team and to think about the pressure on the home captain – think about what this guy must have been going through in South Africa at that time. To see how he dealt with it I think is a lesson to all of us”.
Flanker: Richie McCaw (New Zealand) – “A guy that stood the test of time and has remained at the best, the highest level of the game for that time”
Number 8: Pat Lam (Samoa) -“Pat Lam was one of the most creative, instinctive players as well as bringing his own brand of leadership and the way he saw the game.”
- Jason Robinson names his ‘all out attack’ Lions back-three
- 5 players Eddie Jones has revealed will be called up this summer
- Jonny Wilkinson selects an all-time film star Hollywood XV
- Warren Gatland teases position change for Sam Simmonds
- 12 and in charge! The next Nigel Owens has arrived