LIST: 5 rugby players who were knocked out by teammates
4. Stuart Hogg
On a chip and chase, down the left flank, Hogg ran straight into the raised elbow of the retreating Conor Murray. The collision left him dazed and with blood pouring from a gash above his right eye. Accidental but very much a K.O. The Scotland fullback received treatment on the pitch before being escorted off and replaced by Anthony Watson.
5. Danny Cipriani
In 2008, Cipriani was baited by Josh Lewsey for not putting enough effort in. Reports claim the fly-half then retaliated by telling Lewsey to “shut up or be shut up”. Next thing the then 20-year-old knew he was lying on his back staring up at the sky with a fat lip.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…