England centre Manu Tuilagi was called up by England only to then be ruled out on Tuesday with what Jones described as a “slight hamstring injury”.
The England head coach added that Tuilagi will only be out for a couple of weeks as opposed to having picked up another long-term injury.
“We’ve been really pleased with his progress mate,” said Jones.
“I think it’s been very positive for him to come back from his Achilles and play with such vim and vigour,
“He’s been outstanding, so it’s just a small, little setback. And it will allow him to have a really good pre-season and we expect him back next year in very good condition.
“So very positive, very positive.”
England A will face Scotland A at Leicester’s Welford Road ground on Sunday, with John Mitchell taking charge of the hosts.
England’s full squad will be in contention for the fixture, which precedes the July 4 and 10 full Tests against the USA and Canada.
- Nakarawa and Webb complete moves, Bath sign three
- The Top 5 Fastest Players In World Rugby Right Now
- England team to play Scotland with Ellis Genge named vice-captain
- Expert panel name four England stars in ‘ultimate’ Lions XV
- Owen Farrell’s ‘days numbered’ as Eddie Jones identifies four replacements
“Sunday, Monday, Jonny Gray.” – Top 5 Funniest British Rugby Chants
#5. ‘You’re not as good as Christmas!’
Saracens fans once chanted ‘You’re not as good as Christmas!’ at Harlequins number 8 Nick Easter.