The latest Manu Tuilagi injury update suggests he’s set to return just in time to put himself into Lions contention after a significant lay off.
The England centre is around five weeks away from a return to action after tearing the ligament against Northampton in late September, ruling him out of the autumn and Six Nations.
Sale boss Alex Sanderson revealed a positive Manu Tuilagi injury update: “Manu’s walking and learning salsa, believe it or not. If you’re hiking and doing salsa you can’t be far off playing rugby.
“The salsa is for his ankle and a wife of one of the players is taking (coronavirus) tests because she’s able to teach him salsa, so he’s been learning that.
“He’s going to perform for the boys in around five weeks. I haven’t watched him salsa, but he’s good with his feet for a big guy.
“I went for a 7.5km hike with him around Macclesfield Forest last Friday and he was on great form.
- 5 players who failed their final Lions audition in Dublin
- Will Greenwood names his choices for ‘new’ England captain
- Lawrence Dallaglio selects SEVEN Englishmen in his Lions XV
- LIST: 5 players who were unfairly exiled by Eddie Jones
- Jamie Roberts the latest legend to select his Lions XV
“We went up to the highest point of Macc Forest. He was climbing over boulders and it’s really undulating terrain, that’s why we took him. He’s got another one this Friday that’s 10km.
“It’s about seven to eight weeks for him, maybe. Definitely he’ll play again this season. It’s good to see him up and about. He’s a good lad so he’s adding energy to the place.”
We will bring you another Manu Tuilagi injury update as he nears his return date.
Will Greenwood leaves Maro Itoje OUT of his Lions XV
- !5. Stuart Hogg (Scotland) – “. His confidence is sky high, and vice-captaincy might be an option.”
- 14. Lous Rees-Zammit (Wales) – “This kid is no fluke. He’s been sensational.”
- 11. Liam Williams (Wales) – ” I must have Williams in my starting XV though. A truly exceptional rugby player.”