VIEWERS of the 2020 Olympic Sevens were delighted to see the bizarre remote control bus deliver the match ball ahead of kick off.
Spectators were left baffled in the opening fixture when the match ball was delivered onto the field in the nippy vehicle.
Team GB captain Tom Mitchell scored one of the side’s six tries in a convincing 34-0 win against hosts Japan.
Great Britain beat Canada earlier and now top pool B so their chances of reaching the quarter-finals look good.
The knockout stages begin at 09:30 BST on Tuesday.
- Lions Injury update: Biggar and Jones out, Russell returns…
- Lions player ratings vs South Africa: Test One
- Owen Farrell’s dangerous shoulder takes out teammate Dan Biggar
- LIST: Three players whose Lions tours were ended by thuggery
- Nigel Owens ranks the SIX best British & Irish players he refereed
A dream Team GB rugby sevens lineup for 2021 Olympics
We’ve picked our ultimate Team GB Sevens team that would definitely win gold at the 2021 Olympic games in Japan.
Stuart Hogg (Scotland): He is the Scotland captain and the man that makes them tick. When he’s not in the field, the Scots struggle to mix it with the big teams. Playmaker, motivator, kicker – he’d be our captain on this stage.
Louis Rees-Zammit (Wales): He burst on to the international scene a in 2020 and hasn’t looked back. His blend of composure and speed would be perfect for the sevens game.