Police investigating after rugby referee receives horrific death threat
Police are now investigating following a horrific death threat sent to a rugby referee.
The Rugby Football League are looking into the message that is believed to have been sent by a Warrington fan.
Official Rob Hicks forwarded it to the RFL, who in turn alerted the police and a probe is ongoing.
The tweet, sent by someone claiming to be called James Clarke, said: “There ya go have that ya f***ing @therfl scumbags.
“You’ll all be killed tomorrow. Robert Hicks will be shot dead live on TV.
“WATCH AND LEARN. Enough of your corruption. Scumbags.”
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…