QUIDS IN England rugby stars set for HUGE bonus each if they win the World Cup
England players will share a jackpot of close to £7 million, around £225,000 per player, if they win the World Cup in Japan, according to reports.
If England qualifies for the quarter-finals, they will receive £512,100, an additional £16,519 per player. Reaching the semi-finals is worth a further £768,150, or £24,779 per player.
Should England reach their third World Cup final, the RFU agreed with the Rugby Players’ Association, who negotiate on behalf of the team, to pay the squad £1,280,250, or £41,298 a man.
Victory will be worth an additional £2,560,500 to the squad, taking the overall tally for bonus and match fee payments to £6,814,344.
It is understood that England’s 31-man squad will receive match fees, whether or not they feature in the match-day squad, of £13,000 per player in each of the four pool matches.
That is a significant drop from the fee of £23,000 players receive for the Six Nations matches.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…