Springbok lock Marvin Orie has reportedly turned down and offer to join Leicester Tigers.
According to The Rugby Paper, Orie has turned down a move to Welford Road and will instead head to Japan to play in the Japanese Top League.
Orie apparently caught the eye of Leicester management during a short-term loan with Ospreys late last year when he joined the Welsh side as a “medical joker” in October after being overlooked for the Springboks’ Rugby World Cup squad.
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- Sir Clive Woodward’s radical plan to reboot rugby
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…
Orie has three Test caps to his name having made his debut against Wales in Washington DC in 2018.
His last Test came against Argentina in Pretoria last year.