England Rugby has appointed John Mitchell as head coach of England A in their one-off game this weekend.
The defence coach will lead the England A side against Scotland A at Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Leicester on Sunday, 27 June (2pm KO).
Eddie Jones said: “Mitch is very good with young players and will pass on his knowledge and experience to this group.
“The team selection will be a collaborative decision and Mitch will be in charge on match day.”
Mitchell said: “It’s exciting for us to be working with this new group of players and seeing them grow day-by-day.
“We have a responsibility to perform as an England team and I’m looking forward to leading this side in an international game against Scotland A.”
Elsewhere, Miles Reid sustained a facial bone fracture in training on Wednesday which will rule him out of England’s summer series of fixtures.
- Warren Gatland’s possible full Lions standby list
- LIST: 5 players you didn’t know could have played for England
- Owen Farrell & the 8 Highest-Paid Players in the Lions squad
- 4 Lions who are currently injured and when they’ll be back
- LIST: 5 rugby youngsters looking to follow in their famous fathers’
Seven England stars included in Eddie Jones dream team
- 15. Anthony Watson (England)
- 14. Bryan Habana (South Africa)
- 11. Lote Tuqiri (Australia)
- 13. Stirling Mortlock (Australia)
- 12. Manu Tuilagi (England)