11. Rupeni Caucaunibuca – He’s the most naturally gifted player ever. If you get him fit and on the pitch he’s an absolutely ridiculous runner. An honourable mention to Chris Lombaard, who I played with at Cambridge. We got up to some serious mischief.
12. Aaron Mauger – He always seemed to have plenty of time on the ball and never made a bad decision. As the games got bigger he got better.
13. Robbie Fruean – A centre with the Crusaders in New Zealand, he was so big and quick. We played against him when he was Young Player of the Year at the U19 RWC.
14. Sailosi Tagicakibau – Never fails to beat the first man. He was the standout player in the Premiership for a number of years. Every time you go against him you know it is going to be a tough match.
15. Thomas Castaignede – He could change a game in seconds with that unique French flair. His attitude to training was to put his feet up and have a glass of wine. I’m all for that as you know.