England captain Owen Farrell plays for the first time since injuring his ankle in November as Saracens host Bristol at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
England team-mates Maro Itoje, Jamie George, Elliot Daly and Nick Isiekwe also come back into Saracens’ side after losing to France in Paris.
Fans were shocked by the first image of him training with Farrell having noticeably buffed up during his lay-off.
One fan wrote: “Has he been to the gun school whilst being off?! Lads got somes arms on him now!”
Another added: “He looks in the shape of his life. England will need him this summer for sure.”
Tom Dewey-Jessener commented: “I think EJs has had a word in his ear while he’s been injured.. “I need ya to bulk up a bit mate” great to see him back?
Another added: “Has Faz got bigger or has the kit got tighter?”
- Exeter Chiefs sign controversial former Leicester Tigers fly-half
- What Eddie Jones said to player who can swap nations
- Dan Carter ranks the three best rugby stadiums for atmosphere
- Three players Nigel Owens simply cannot stand
- Premiership game cancelled hours before kick off
Five things you didn’t know about England and Saracens captain Owen Farrell
1. Almost joining Manchester United
In 2005, the 13-year-old Farrell had a trial at Old Trafford, and did enough to convince the club’s academy executives that the then goalkeeper deserved an extended spell with the club. Years later, they dressed him up as a goalkeeper on his stag fo.