The final weekend of the 2020 Six Nations has been thrown into chaos on the eve of the team announcements after one of the women’s games was cancelled.
Originally fixed for Saturday in Stadium Lille Metropole, France generously agreed to travel to Donnybrook as Ireland’s amateur players would have had to quarantine for 14 days on their return home.
However Sunday’s match is now off as France deal with an outbreak of Covid-19.
Tournament organisers hope the tie can be rescheduled for next month.
The French male players, who train close to their Female compatriots, will now undergo extra testing on Thursday to make sure it’s safe for their game against Ireland to go ahead.
British & Irish Lions 2021 squad odds, England edition
Here are all the English players in contention for a place on their 2020 British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa.
Players in bold would make the current squad with italics meaning they’d be in the current starting XV, according to the latest odds from Paddy Power.
- Jonny May (Gloucester) – 1/16
- Anthony Watson (Bath) – 1/5
- Elliot Daly (Saracens) – 1/5
- Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs) – 11/4
- Ruaridh McConnochie (Bath Rugby) – 11/4
- Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby) – 10/3
- George Furbank (Northampton Saints- 4/1
- Ollie Thorley (Gloucester) – 12/1
- Alex Goode (NEC Green Rockets) – 16/1
- Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints) – 14/1
- Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks) – 33/1
- Chris Ashton (Harlequins) – 33/1
- Gabriel Ibitoye (Agen) – 50/1
- Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons) – 100/1
- Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks) – 1/4
- Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs) – 10/11
- Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby) – 7/4
- Joe Marchant (Harlequins) – 11/4
- Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs) – 12/1
- Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors) – 12/1
- Fraser Dingwall (northampton Saints) – 14/1