Six Nations organisers have said that “a number of incidents” from Ireland’s victory over France are being reviewed to see whether the head injury assessment (HIA) protocols were abused at the Stade de France.
Questions were again raised over the home side’s use of the HIA protocols when both out-half Matthieu Jalibert and scrum-half Antoine Dupont appeared to suffer leg injuries but under the insistence of the French doctor, left the field for HIAs.
Just because we won with an INCREDIBLE 42 METER drop goal that HIA decision shouldn’t get swept under the carpet. It was nothing short of a disgrace!!!
— Brian O’Driscoll (@BrianODriscoll) February 3, 2018
“The HIA Review Processor is reviewing a number of incidents from the France v Ireland match in the senior men’s championship,” Six Nations organisers said in a statement.
“Depending on their findings, SNRL will be considering the next steps in respect of those incidents.”
It is not the first time the use of the HIA has come under scrutiny, after France were reprimanded for failing to follow protocol in their victory over Wales in last year’s tournament.