10. Johnny Sexton (Ireland, 2013 & 2017): The only choice to wear the No.10 jersey in 2013, he was key once again in 2017. The only choice for Warren Gatland’s dream Lions XV.
9. Conor Murray (Ireland, 2013,2017 & 2021): Probably the in-form scrum-half all tour in 2013, and was the obvious pick onc again in 2017. Far less effective in 2021, but did enough on the previous two tours to make this selection.
1. Mako Vunipola (England, 2013,2017 & 2021): Emerged as one of the tour’s great off-the-field characters and an important figure after injuries to Healy and Jenkins. Came to the fore once again in 2017. Prop with the skills of a centre.
2. Jamie George (England, 2017 & 2021): Zero starts for England prior to the tour, George played all three Tests for Lions in 2017. Deserved every ounce of praise that came his way. Despite not featuring in any of the 2021 tests, nobody has done enough to displace George.
3. Tadhg Furlong (Ireland, 2017 & 2021): After making his name on the 2017 tour, the tighthead continued to look every inch the best front-rower in the world in 2021. He contributed equally in the loose and at the set-piece on his two tours so far.