England head coach Eddie Jones has confirmed his squad to take on Ireland in the second round of the 2020 Autumn Nations Cup.
Joe Marchant (rehabilitation) and Joe Marler (reconditioning) will stay with the squad at England’s training base, The Lensbury in Teddington. Mark Wilson has returned home to continue his rehabilitation.
The big absentee from the squad is Jack Willis after the Wasps back-rower scored on his international debut against Georgia.
In an interview yesterday, the 23-year-old has promised to knuckle down as he tries to become an England regular.
“Yeah I’d love another opportunity, it would be incredible,” Willis revealed to The Telegraph.
“I’ve got to work incredibly hard to improve all areas of my game if I want to keep competing in this back row. There’s some pretty special talent in that mix.
“For everyone in the team, if you don’t continue improving, then you are going to get left behind. At the forefront of my mind is working hard, trying to improve and staying in that mix.”
England Autumn Nations Cup Fixtures
- Saturday 14 Nov, England v Georgia, 3pm, Twickenham Live on Amazon Prime (UK) & Premier Sports (Republic of Ireland)
- Saturday 21 Nov, England v Ireland, 3pm, Twickenham Live on Amazon Prime, Channel 4 & RTE
- Saturday 28 Nov, Wales v England, 4pm, Parc y Scarlets Live on Amazon Prime (UK), Premier Sports (Republic of Ireland) & S4C
- Sunday 6 Dec, England vs TBD, 2pm – Twickenham Stadium (LIVE on Amazon Prime)
Elliot Daly (Saracens, 44 caps)
Owen Farrell (Saracens, 85 caps)
George Ford (Leicester Tigers, 69 caps)
Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 52 caps)
Ollie Lawrence (Worcester Warriors, 2 caps)
Max Malins (Bristol Bears, 1 cap)
Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 58 caps)
Dan Robson (Wasps, 4 caps)
Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 31 caps)
Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby, 1 cap)
Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 101 caps)
Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 25 caps)
Tom Dunn (Bath Rugby, 2 caps)
Ben Earl (Bristol Bears, 5 caps)
Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 20 caps)
Jamie George (Saracens, 51 caps)
Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 1 cap)
Maro Itoje (Saracens, 40 caps)
Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 66 caps)
Lewis Ludlam (Northampton Saints, 8 caps)
Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 37 caps)
Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 5 caps)
Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 19 caps)
Billy Vunipola (Saracens, 53 caps)
Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 61 caps)
- Premiership side launch HUGE bid to sign Marcus Smith
- Owen Farrell reportedly keen on shock loan move
- Wasps linked with move for Exeter Chiefs fan favourite
- Autumn Nations Cup Team of the week | Round 1
England injury news and expected return dates including Jack Nowell
England injury news and expected return dates heading into the end of the second round of Autumn Nations Cup…
The 27-year-old remains sidelined having had surgery on his foot straight after the Premiership final, battling through the pain to play in Exeter’s two biggest games of the 2019/20 season. Rob Baxter revealed on the 17th November that it will be a long-term recovery due to the complicated nature of the operation.
Expected return date: Unknown