#1. Jonny Wilkinson (England)
We could only have been one man as number one. Forever remembered as the man whose last-gasp drop-goal won England the Rugby World Cup by edging past the hosts in Australia in 2003. That moment is just one highlight of a record-breaking career that has seen Wilkinson rise to one of the sport’s all-time greats. England won 67 of the 91 games Wilkinson played in with him scoring an outstanding total of 1,179 points. He also holds the Rugby World Cup points record with 277.
Did you know? In 1997 he gave up the student life to become a professional rugby union player with the Newcastle Falcons.Quiz Maker
- Fine list at amateur rugby club makes hilarious reading
- Rugby’s Ultimate Sh**house XV – Dirtiest Rugby Players
- Trim Manu Tuilagi looks in incredible shape ahead of new season
- Dean Richards first role since leaving Newcastle Falcons confirmed
- Saracens make shock swoop for former England and Harlequins star