The results of this year’s San Francisco World Spirits Competition (SFWSC) were announced earlier this week, with RUCK partner Loch Lomond Group being recognised as the ‘Best in Show’ for their Glen Scotia 25 Year Old single malt.
This year the SFWSC received over 3,800 entries across 31 separate categories, with the Glen Scotia 25 Year Old being awarded the overall winner of the competition, which makes Glen Scotia 25 Year Old The Best Whisky in The World in 2021.
The SFWSC is regarded as one of the most prestigious spirits competitions in the world, judged by renowned experts in their fields with decades of industry experience. The competition started in 2000, making it the second oldest spirits competition in the world, and the oldest and largest spirits competition in the US.
Alongside their 25-year-old award, their Glen Scotia 10 Year Old received a double gold medal, Glen Scotia 15 year old a gold medal and Glen Scotia “Campbeltown Harbour” picked up a silver medal – to make up a fantastic set of results.
- Danny Care now odds on to make the British & Irish Lions squad
- The Lions back-row Richard Hill would pick against South Africa
- Five rugby stars who amassed HUGE fortunes revealed
- Dylan Hartley picks FIVE England stars in his Lions XV
- Ellis Genge praised for ‘classy’ bit of sportsmanship
- Sir Clive Woodward picks his FOUR Lions bolters