The Red Roses beat France 17-15 after the game was called off due to floodlight failure at Stadium Lille Métropole.
England were leading in the 63rd minute when the game had to be stopped following the light failure, forcing the players off the field.
After over a 15-minute delay, it was decided that with the time it would take for the lights to turn back on and the warm-up needed for the players to restart, the game would be called off.
With the match having passed the 60-minute mark the result stood in accordance with World Rugby regulations.
“It’s really tricky for all these players,” England scrum-half Natasha Hunt said on BBC iPlayer.
“You don’t want to finish a game like this. I have never experienced anything like this – it’s crazy.”
- Eight Crazy Things You Didn’t Know About Owen Farrell
- Mike Tindall selects his ‘all-out attack’ Lions XV
- Jason Robinson makes his return to rugby union
- Every Gallagher Premiership clubs incoming players
- RANKED: Five best British & Irish Lions bolters of all-time
- 5 amazing players who will miss the Lions tour due to injury