Gloucester Rugby have announced the arrival of Matt Garvey on a short-term deal.
The experienced forward can operate at lock or flanker and will arrive at Kingsholm with an abundance of knowledge in the game.
Garvey possesses great leadership skills, having been named club captain at west-country rivals Bath between 2017 & 2019, and the towering forward will start training with his new teammates on Monday.
Head Coach George Skivington commented on today’s news, following Garvey’s arrival.
- Sir Ian McGeechan picks his all-time dream team
- 5 awesome pubs owned by rugby players
- How the BBC rated England’s players in 2003 final
- RANKED | The 5 Dirtiest Rugby Players in History
- England Players Who Started With a Bang But Faded Fast
“We are really happy that Matt has agreed to join Gloucester Rugby.
“Matt is a fierce competitor and a true professional, which is exactly the type of player we want in our squad.
“Through with his leadership, experience, and power, he will be a valuable asset to us for the remainder of the season.”