Transfer News: Exeter Chiefs open talks with international prop
Prop Harry Williams is in talks to agree on a new deal at Gallagher Premiership heavyweights Exeter Chiefs.
The England international is out of contract at the club at the end of this season but both he and the club are keen to agree on a new deal according to The Rugby Paper.
The 27-year-old has 18 caps for England but was shock omission in Eddie Jones’ squad for the Rugby World Cup.
At 6’4” and almost 21 stone, the long-haired tight-head certainly fits the bill to be one of the best front-rowers in the country.
Having started his senior career with two years at Loughborough Students, Williams made the step up into the Championship where he featured for Nottingham and then Jersey, the latter of which he was plucked from in the summer of 2015.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…