Two England players reportedly dropped for brawling at social event
Alex Dombrandt, Ben Spencer, Mike Brown and Ben Te’o were all excluded from England’s latest World Cup warm-up squad.
The Times has reported that Te’o and Brown were in fact left out of Eddie Jones latest squad following an altercation that occurred between the pair at a team social event.
The event was ironically scheduled to foster better relationships within the team, but that appears to have backfired.
Was the row over piggy backs? https://t.co/Tn6CX8pDZI
— RugbyPass (@RugbyPass) August 10, 2019
Jones has thrown the dropped players a lifeline: “Players excluded from being involved in this camp are naturally disappointed but may get another opportunity so they must be ready.”
However, following these latest revelations, it would be hard to imagine either Brown or Te’o being brought back into the squad.
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…