Eddie Jones has been forced into a number of changes to his Six Nations squad.
Jonny May has withdrawn from the England men’s squad with a knee injury while Courtney Lawes is unavailable to train this week as he is undergoing head injury return to play protocols.
Elliot Daly and George Ford have been called up to the squad, while Nick Isiekwe has also joined as injury cover for Lawes. Eddie Jones’ side have met today in Brighton to begin training for the Guinness Six Nations.
England’s first game is against Scotland in Edinburgh on Saturday 5 February. Following Owen Farrell’s withdrawal from the squad, Jones will now name a new team captain ahead of the Calcutta Cup fixture.
England will then travel to Rome to face Italy (Sunday 13 February) before two home games at Twickenham Stadium against Wales (Saturday 26 February) and Ireland (Saturday 12 March). Their final game is in Paris against France on Saturday 19 March.
England Six Nations 2022 Fixtures
- Saturday 5 February: Scotland v England (16:45)
- Sunday 13 February: Italy v England (15:00)
- Saturday 26 February: England v Wales (16:45)
- Saturday 12 March: England v Ireland (16:45)
- Saturday 19 March: France v England (20:00)
- Five times Eddie Jones lost his s**t with England players
- Rugby stars send messages of encouragement after young player trolled online
- Wasps issue update on Thomas Young following night in hospital
- Jamie Roberts confirm shock Dragons departure to head overseas
- Joe Marler names his three best tightheads including Tadhg Furlong
Foreign-Born Players at 2022 Six Nations: Home Nations ranked
#4. England – Two players
- Bevan Rodd (Scotland) – Parent
- Marcus Smith (Philippines) – Parent