INJURY UPDATE: Two England stars to miss start of Rugby World Cup
Mako Vunipola will not be fit until the end of England’s Rugby World Cup pool-stage campaign after suffering a setback with his hamstring injury.
It was initially hoped the England prop would be fit for England’s tournament opener against Tonga on 22 September.
“He’s probably going to be right for the third or fourth game,” coach Eddie Jones said after England beat Italy 37-0 in Newcastle.
“He just had a little scar tissue which was impairing his movement.”
“But that’s all been fixed. He’s progressing really well now.”
The England boss added: “Jack Nowell is probably in the same category [as Vunipola],
“They are important players for us so we are prepared to be patient with them.”
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…