Dan Biggar’s chances of playing in the second Test against South Africa remain delicately balanced after suffering a head injury late in the first Test on Saturday night.
The Lions are sure to give Welshman the chance to recover from his head injury. Wyn Jones’ prospects look less positive, however, after the Wales prop withdrew from the front row for the first Test because of a shoulder problem that is set to keep him on the sidelines.
Should any issues arise that prevent the Northampton fly-half from progressing through even one stage of the protocols on time, he wouldn’t be able to feature.
If Biggar is ruled out, Warren Gatland has revealed the changes he’d make to his matchday 23 with Finn Russell also still struggling.
Lions team to face South Africa (If Biggar is ruled out:
15. Stuart Hogg (Exeter Chiefs, Scotland) #783
14. Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, England) #816
13. Chris Harris (Gloucester Rugby, Scotland) #844
12. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Worcester Warriors, Scotland) #841