WATCH: Emotional debutant Ludlam gets message from dad
England’s Lewis Ludlam tells Rugby Union Weekly seeing his dad in the Twickenham crowd during his passionate rendition of the national anthem against Wales “got him going”.
Ugo Monye reads Lewis a message from the player’s proud father, Arron, who says his son’s England debut was “the proudest day in Lewis’ career so far, and for the whole family”.
'Singing the anthem I caught my Dad in the crowd. That's when it became real.'
This is what it means to play for your country, by Lewis and Arron Ludlam:pic.twitter.com/z6tqbrD9ZI
— Chris Jones BBC (@chjones9) August 14, 2019
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…