England were among the millions of people up and down the country gripped by the Cricket World Cup final as their fellow international sportsmen beat New Zealand in a dramatic super-over victory.
England’s rugby union squad are currently on a training camp ahead of their own World Cup campaign, which begins in September in Japan, and they too will hope to be crowned the world champions in the final on 2 November.
On Sunday evening, England Rugby tweeted a video of the players gathered around a screen watching the tense finale, and they celebrated as Jos Buttler broke the bails to clinch the narrowest of wins.
- Eight Inspiring Gay Rugby Players and Personalities
- Eight of the Biggest scandals that rocked rugby
- The highest paid players at each Premiership club
- LIST: The best rugby benders of all-time
- Martin Johnson’s fights: Five of his iconic SCRAPS