WATCH: Scott Barrett becomes fourth All Black sent off in test match
Scott Barrett has become the fourth All Black to be sent off in a test match after a receiving a red card just before halftime in the opening Bledisloe Cup test.
French referee Jerome Garces, who also sent off Sonny Bill Williams in 2017, gave Barrett a red card after a no arm tackle on Wallabies skipper Michael Hooper. His elbow connected the back of Hooper’s head.
BAD BARRETT! 🛑🛑🛑
Just before HT, Scott Barrett is dealt a straight red for contact with the head of Wallabies captain Hooper.
16-12 at the break and Australia with the man advantage for the second half.
— Sky Sports Rugby (@SkySportsRugby) August 10, 2019
Jérôme Garcès sent off Sonny Bill Williams (correctly) against the Lions. He has just sent off Scott Barrett (correctly) against the Wallabies.
Guess who is refereeing South Africa v New Zealand at the World Cup?#AUSvNZL
— Paul Eddison (@pauleddison) August 10, 2019
- 9 Things to know before travelling to Japan
- Rugby World Cup 2019 jerseys GRADED
- 10 rugby stars who got in drunken trouble
- LIST: 5 epic rugby union spats on Twitter
- The 5 best players who NEVER won an England cap
- Rugby’s 5 Most Controversial Refereeing Decisions
- The 8 worst Rugby World Cup kits ever…