Former Argentina captain Pablo Matera has rejected the chance to join Bath, according to The Telegraph.
They’ve reported that the 28-year-old ‘chose to explore options abroad due to the erratic nature of the club’s former chairman, Ed Griffiths, in contract negotiations.’
Matera, who starred in the Crusaders latest Super Rugby triumph, was one of the star performers as the Pumas voercame Scotland last weekend.
In stead of moving to The Rec, the 28-year-old will become one of the world’s highest paid rugby players after signing a huge contract in Japan.
Bath are in crisis following the departures of international stars Taulupe Faletau and Anthony Watson with the latter also slamming the clubs behaviour.
- 5 bizarre and hilarious Jason Leonard stories
- Remembering Jerry Collins huge tackle on Sebastien Chabal
- Best Rugby Player From EVERY City in England
- Joe Marchant performance goes viral on social media
- New surprise favourite to sign Christian Wade as rugby return nears
The 5 Highest Paid Players In World Rugby In 2022
#5. Maro Itoje
- Club: Saracens
- Salary: £825k
When Itoje was rumoured to be interested in joining Racing 92 last year, club president Jacky Lorenzetti let slip that the lock wanted €1million for the deal to go through. Reports indicate he earns between £800k and £850k from Sarries.