Collectively, the 15 players take home an astonishing salary of £10.8m-per-year. Take a look at who makes it into the side below…
The World Cup winning wing – whose tried helped Toulouse clinch the French Top League and European Champions Cup double last season – has been lured to Toulon for a €1.8 million ($3 million) fee, according to European media outlets.
The 27-year-old, who joined Toulouse from the Stormers in 2017, took to social media to thank the club and its fans for four memorable years.
“I will be forever grateful for all I have learned and experienced with Stade Toulousain,’’ Kolbe said in messages published in English and in French.
“The lessons learned and the memories made stretch far beyond the rugby field.’’
- Fullback: BEAUDEN BARRETT £780k (Suntory Goliath)
- Winger: CHARLES PIUTAU £1m (Bristol Bears)
- Winger: CHESLIN KOLBE £850k (Toulon)
- Centre: VIRIMI VAKATAWA £780k (Racing 92)
- Centre: OWEN FARRELL £750k (Saracens)